Wednesday, December 19, 2007

2007 Year in Review: TV

It's time once again for my Year in Review. Unlike last year, where I had to think back to what I liked, I have been preparing my mental list all year long... So, let's go!


We are starting off with television...


5. Kid Nation



So, the critics were all over this show when it first premiered...and not in a good way! They complained that it was exploitation of minors and should not be aired. Sponsors were pulling out, for fear of being associated with the complaints. I had already planned on watching the show, but after this I was DEFINITELY going to watch it. I am very glad I did. It provided interesting viewing. The kids were forced to experience things outside of their comfort zone (including their families). A chance for some of them to really grow up. I say some, because of Taylor, the 10 year old beauty queen from Georgia who had to be bribed to work, hated to read and was the worst participant in the show.


4. Let's Make a Deal



I know, this is not a current/new show! Some of you might not even know that it is on telelvision...but it is! The Game Show Network (GSN) airs almost 20 episodes of this famous game of chance. Why do I love this show?

Monty Hall

Datsuns are considered to be a BIG prize

Wacky costumes


It's just pure comedy!


3. The Office





The Writer's Strike has be bummed because I am going through withdrawal from one of the funniest shows in television history! The characters, thanks to the fabulous writers, are so well drawn. They are all three dimensional, with fantasic and extremely quirky storylines! How else would we feel such sympathy for the lost of Sprinkles?!?!


2. Dexter





The first repeat show from last year... Why? Dexter had me scared to watch! I cannot recall the last time I was scared to watch a television show... And not because of what Dexter might do, but what they might do to Dexter. In the end, it all worked out.... Or, did it?!?!



My Top TV Show of 2007 is....



LOST






If you're not watching this show by now, I really don't know what's wrong with you! Why is this show so great? Because of everything! When the writers bring in characters who the fans don't like, they are killed off. When the storyline needs to move into a certain direction, even for the sake of a favorite character, they are dealt with accordingly. When the fans think they might have it all figured out, the writers pull some new stuff....like a flashforward! Unbelievable... I'm counting the days until Season 4 begins...

No comments: