Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Resolution Update

To prepare for 2008, I need to evaluate my 2007 resolutions, honestly and unapologetically...


1. I will try to take care of my body, for it is truly a temple. I will try not to make stops at Kroger on the way to work and pick up a dozen doughnuts to consume over a 1 - 3 day period. I will try not to make stops at Wendys for their fries and vanilla Frostys. I will try not to make stops at Dairy Queen for their Blizzards, especially since I am becoming lactose intolerant. I will try to eat regular meals every day. I will try to work out at least 20 minutes a day. I will try to think before I eat.


Did I do it? I tried, but was not able to fully master this resolution. I have been eating due to stress.


2. I will try to let go off all past heartbreak. I will try not to "occasionally" check my e-mail and MySpace account for notices from girls from my past. I will delete the bookmarked profiles of the aforementioned. I will try not to bookmark those profiles again or any others.


Did I do it? Yes!!!!


3. I will try to cherish and develop my current relationships, friends and family. I will try to recognize that if it was not for their support, I would not be here today. I will try to place high value on what they have to offer and not take them for granted.


Did I do it? Yes and I have been given so many opportunities to return the favor... I am so blessed!


4. I will try to look within myself and to nature to develop a better relationship with God. I will try to understand the results of my actions before I act. I will try to meditate daily, in a hope to connect to myself, nature and God. I will try to experience and return all of the blessings I have received.


Did I do it? I did the best I could, but not perfect...


5. Relating to number 3 and 4, I will try to not feel sad, angry or upset that I am currently and could be/possibly in the future without a "loved one." I will try to remember that God has a bigger plan for me and that I have myself, friends and family to love.


Did I do it? Yes and I was blessed with a love of my own.... She warms my soul.... We are just taking things slowly to make sure there are no mistakes...

No comments: