Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007 Year in Review: Songs

I have a lot of friends, who live and die for music. Me, not so much! However, I do really enjoy it and would feel lost without because it helps move life along.... There are some songs which help move life more than others. My top songs of 2007 are not necessarily songs released this year, but those that I have enjoyed the most....


5. Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie


Why I love it? Because sometimes it really is me and not you..


4. Paper Planes by M.I.A.


Why I love it? Because the beat is hot! Because she is speaking the truth about life, even if MTV wants to edit her....


3. Letter by Letter by AYO.


Why I love it? Because sometimes you just want your loved one to share...something, even if it is just a little...


2. Pretty Wings by Maxwell


Why I love it? Because even though he has only released a snippet of his upcoming song, I am yearning for more. Because she was beautiful, yet dangerous and you had to leave...



My Number 1 Song of 2007 is....



S.O.S. by Doria Roberts


Why I love it? Because it has helped me get through the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with... Because...


we're running with this weight on our backs
And we're watching each step on treacherous and narrow paths
But every time there is a fork in the road
We are just getting use to our heavy loads
And we're so tired from the choosing that we haven't got the strength for trying
And I'm so tired of living just because I am afraid of dying
But I won't give up fighting for this pilgrimage I call surviving

No comments: